What is Personal Protective Equipment?
Personal protective equipment (PPE) refers to any garment or item worn by a worker for protection from hazards, such as chemicals and spills. A number of different items might be considered PPE Singapore, including gloves, safety glasses, hard hats, and high-visibility vests.
Why should you use personal protective equipment?
There are many advantages to using PPE in your workplace:
1) You can reduce the risk of injury due to hazardous substances;
2) It will improve productivity and profitability;
3) it is an inexpensive way to protect employees from injuries that can result in costly medical bills or time off work;
4) with proper training provided by your employer,
5) PPE can be an effective way to protect workers from potential hazards.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a must for those who work in high-risk environments. PPE not only protects you from harm it also promotes safety and the health of others around you. Therefore, personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a necessary part of the workplace.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has strict guidelines on what needs to be included in PPE and when it should be used. It is a set of clothing or gear that people wear in certain jobs to protect them from illness, injury, occupational hazards, and other things. It’s very important for anyone working in an industrial setting to have the right personal protective equipment, so they don’t get hurt.